A companion to the official Kerry-Edwards 2004 campaign website.

Friday, August 27, 2004

Ben Barnes Helps Bush Dodge Vietnam

Ben Barnes
Former Lt. Governor of Texas

"I got a young man named George W. Bush into the National Guard when I was Lt. Governor of Texas and I'm not necessarily proud of that, but I did it. I got a lot of other people into the National Guard because I thought that's what people should do when you're in office, you helped a lot of rich people. And I walked through the Vietnam Memorial the other day and I looked at the names of the people who died in Vietnam, and I became more ashamed of myself than I'd ever been. Because it was the worst thing I did was help a lot of wealthy supporters, and a lot of people who had family names of importance get into the National Guard and I'm very sorry for that and I'm very ashamed and I apologize to you, the voters of Texas."

Barnes says he regrets getting Bush into Texas Air National Guard in 1968
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/politics/2764455

View the video
http://69.59.167.160/

Reading makes a country great.

The Internet makes us SPECTACULAR!

Kerry on.