A companion to the official Kerry-Edwards 2004 campaign website.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Jimmy Swaggart's Hate Speech

In the Blogs, on the Issues:
Jimmy Swaggart Hate Speech

http://americablog.blogspot.com/archives/2004_09_12_americablog_archive.html#109553806956697295

This tape was available online for about a week. Now it seems to have been removed.

mms://www.freedomstream.net/jsm/jsm_091204.wmv

I am looking for a saved copy of the sermon. It is from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and was broadcast on September 12, 2004. Jimmy gets to this point at minute 36.

SWAGGART: "I get amazed, I can't look at it about 10 second, at these politicians dancing around this, dancing around this, I'm trying to find a correct name for it, this utter absolute asinine idiotic stupidity of men marrying men."

(shouts from crowd)

"I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."

(shouts, applause)

SWAGGART: "And I'm gonna be blunt and plain, if he ever looks at me like that I'm going to kill him and tell God he died."

(laughter, applause)

"In case anybody doesn't know God calls it an abomination. It's an abomination!"

"It's an abomination!"

(applause)

"These ridiculous, utterly absurd district attorneys and judges and state congress and 'well, we don't know'... they ought to have to marry a pig and live with them forever."

(laughter)

"I'm not knocking the poor homosexual, I'm not, they need salvation like anyone else... I'm knocking our pitiful pathetic lawmakers."

SWAGGART: "And I thank God that President Bush has stated,"

(applause)

"we need a Constitutional Ammendment that states that marriage is between a man and a woman."

(applause)

"Alright."

-----

To Bush Camp, Kerry Camp, ALL rational thinking people!! It is HATE SPEECH plain and simple to say you would kill someone for their race, or their religion, or their SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Jimmy Swaggart actually said he would kill a gay man and lie about it "to God". Like God wouldn't know he killed someone. Like God doesn't know the hate in Jimmy's heart. If there is a God, he doesn't support executing homosexuals and both BUSH and KERRY should denounce this type of politicized HATE SPEECH.

To write to the media about this outrage, please check out Daily Kos's media contact list.